Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Brine Pickled Celery

Brine pickled celery

Jul 11 2017


I ran across this the other day, never thought of using celery. It is one of my favorite veggies so should be good. I have a quart started and should be ready in two weeks.
















Brine Pickled Celery
  • 1 small bunch of celery
  • 2 garlic cloves, smashed
  • 1/4 onion, sliced
  • 1 bunch of fresh dill I used dry dill about 1 tsp.
  • 2% brine solution (19 gms salt per 1 quart water) I used 3 Tbs coarse salt
Trim celery and cut into pieces to fit your jar.  Stuff celery in a quart sized mason jar (you might need 2 jars depending on how much celery you have).  Insert garlic, onion slices and dill in between the celery stalks.  Cover with salt brine to about 1″ from the top of the jar.  Close your fermentation vessel and don’t forget to fill the airlock and let set at room temperature for 5-7 days or until bubble activity dies down.  Move to cold storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment