Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Cheese Brats and Leftovers

ul 19 2017

Brats are fairly quick to cook for an easy meal. I like simmer them in beer for 10 to 15 minutes first. Then I usually throw them on my pellet smoker set at 250 deg. They will be done in 45 minutes to an hour, above 160 deg. I like them this way if we are just eating them on a plate, for sandwiches I like them browned up on my gas grill. I got the brats from my butcher who makes 17 different fresh brats.

For sides I had some Greek salad leftover and some corn I had cut off the cob. I fried the corn in a skillet with some butter and a little half and half cream.


The brats were done on my Traeger and were all above 160 deg. in 45 minutes. I had some of my Eli's BBQ sauce for my brat my wife had sauerkraut with hers. All tasted great and it was good to have some good corn cut from fresh local corn.

  The cheese brats















Brats are done















Frying the corn















Brats are ready to serve















My salad













My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment