Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Smoked Chicken, New Potatoes & Greek Salad

ul 18 2017

This was my Sunday supper, after supper I had to fast for a test at the hospital Monday. Everything came out well. My dog is also sick and needs his teeth cleaned, I took him to the vet today, they started him on antibiotics and he gets them cleaned Friday.

Spatchcocking chicken and doing on my pellet smoker is my favorite way to do chicken. I usually brine them overnight in a half gallon of water, 1/3 cup of coarse Kosher salt and about a 1/3 cup of sugar, white or brown.

After brining overnight I let ir air dry in the fridge about 2 hours. I then cut two slits in each breast and one in each leg. I wet down some with red wine vinegar, added smoked paprika and Penzey's Galena St. rub and rubbed it all in. It went in the fridge a couple hours before smoking.

My Greek salad was a red pepper, large garden tomato, a half an English cucumber, med. Sweet onion, dried garlic flakes, Italian blend seasoning, a little dried parsley, salt, pepper 4 or 5 turns of olive oil and a few chugs of red wine vinegar. I had feta cheese to serve on top.

The chicken went on my Traeger for 45 minutes of smoke, 250 deg. Grill level then went to 300 deg. Grill level and took just over and hour to get to 165 deg.

I trimmed some new red potatoes and steamed in my instant pot for 10 minutes. I added 4 pats of butter and coarse salt and tossed to coat. They went in a grill basket and on the smoker the last half hour.

I toasted some of the Asiago Ciabata buns to have with my supper. It all tasted great, chicken was very moist and tender.


For the Greek Salad















The salad















Chicken ready to smoke















Chicken & Potatoes done















Chicken resting















My salad















My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment