Friday, March 3, 2017

Fajitas W/Leftover Chicken

Mar 03 2017

For last night’s supper I had fajitas using left over chicken. Fajitas are one of the easiest ways to use left over chicken and pretty tasty too.

You can use chicken that was cooked any way; just shred it from the bones. All you need to go with it is tortillas, peppers and onions. Shredded cheese and sour cream are good toppings.

I meant to get some fajita seasoning sauce and needed shredded cheese but forgot them. I had just a little shredded cheese but found I had a nice chunk of Manchego so I shredded that up. For the seasoning I used some Cajun and Mexene chili powder; it has the right amount of cumin in it for out taste.

I cut up the red pepper and a half onion and got them sautéing in a little olive oil. When they started to soften I added in the shredded chicken and cooked 5 to 10 minutes. I stirred in about 3 tablespoons of catsup. While that was cooking I toasted the flour tortillas in a hot skillet.


The wife and I both had the shredded cheese and sour cream over the chicken mix. The fajitas were pretty good. I used to add some green peppers too but just using the red makes them sweeter.

Some ingredients














Peppers, onions and chicken in














Seasoning & a little ketchup added














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment