Friday, March 17, 2017

Cabbage and Rice Dressing

Mar 17 2017

For last night’s supper I turned to Mary from Deep South Dish blog. I turn to Mary a lot for southern comfort foods for ideas or use her recipe. She is from South Mississippi; her cooking is southern style, Cajun and Creole with her Mississippi touch. She just posted this recipe lately and knew I had to try it.

I probably would call this a casserole but she calls it dressing. I followed her recipe pretty close; I used Cajun seasoning; chicken broth for the liquid and my bread crumbs were some herb dressing mix that was pretty fine. I added it at first when it went in the oven but took the lid off for another 10 minutes and they did crisp up.

I had baked a take home and bake roasted garlic bread to serve with it. I went through a period where I was baking my own bread but after they came out with the take home and bake that come out so good I use it to save time.

The wife and I both thought this was pretty darn good! Give it a try sometime. Thanks for the recipe Mary!

Click Here for Mary's recipe

 The bread














Ingredients














Browning the ground chuck














Bacon and veggies in














Cabbage and seasoning in














Rice and soup mixed in














Ready for the oven














Ready to serve














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment