Sunday, March 12, 2017

Chicken & Asparagus Stir Fry W/Egg Rolls

Mar 12 2017

It has been too cold for me to cook out and looks like another week of cold weather. Last night’s supper was easy and a little healthier than my usual. I thought asparagus would be good in a stir fry with chicken. The hardest part of stir fries is prepping the meat and veggies so all is ready to fry.

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked rice, I use Uncle Bens
½ pound chicken, you can use leftover
6 green onions with tops sliced thin
Garlic to taste
1 med. carrot sliced, I used some baby carrots
1 Bunch asparagus, about a pound, ½ inch slice
1 or 2 eggs beaten, fried and chopped up
Lite soy sauce
Note: if you use leftover chicken skip the sautéing.

I saved the asparagus spears to sauté and add to the top when serving. I heated a skillet with some olive oil and sautéed the chicken just until getting brown; removed from the skillet to add later. Add in the green onions and carrots and cook a few minutes. Add in the asparagus and cook a few minutes; add the chicken back and heat through. Add some soy sauce to help deglaze the pan. Add in the rice and stir well. Add in the chopped egg and stir to mix.

I had the asparagus spears sautéed to add on top and I had some frozen mini egg rolls I did in my Air Fryer for 5 minutes.


The wife and I always like stir fries and this was good. We both added more soy sauce at the table. I forgot to add the garlic but I was doing this off the top of my head.

Ingredients ready














The fried eggs














Sauteeing the chicken














Green onions & carrots in














Asparagus in














Chicken & soy sauce in














Rice added in














Egg added and ready to serve














Spears for garnish














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment