Thursday, November 3, 2016

Veggie Night for the DIL

Nov 03 2016

Our son was away on business so told the daughter in law I would cook for her tonight. I was not going to post this but it turned out colorful and I haven’t done a veggie cook for her lately. I did it in a skillet and cooked some Jasmine rice in my rice cooker to serve it over.

My veggies were onions, red & yellow peppers, carrots, a couple of green onions, broccolini, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, water chestnuts and baby corn. I beat up 3 eggs and fried for topping. I did them in a CI skillet with some olive oil kinda in steps as listed. When all was in I added a little soy sauce and corn starch in water for a sauce, I covered and cooked to heat all through.

I served the grandson and then myself and the DIL and wife got what they wanted. The grandson finished what I gave him then went back and ate the rest of the rice and eggs.


It tasted pretty good but told the DIL I may have to fry some meat later! I did get some protein from the eggs.

The veggies














All in the skillet














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment