Friday, November 18, 2016

Sausage Burgers & Mac n Cheese

Nov 18 2016

I think I just had the last nice day sitting out in shirt sleeves and enjoying the 70 deg. temps before cold weather sets in.  Supposed to be 40 tomorrow with snow! I told the wife I would grill some sandwiches, we had beef last night so it was some sausage burgers tonight.

I got a pound of fresh sausage from my butcher. The wife wanted hers plain so I made up a patty for her, using 1/3 pound of the sausage. The rest I added a teaspoon of Penzey’s Italian sausage seasoning, a ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper and some diced green peppers and green onions.

They went on my Traeger at 195 deg. to smoke for an hour and then browned on my Weber Spirit about 3 minutes per side. I toasted the buns and added some cheese to my wife’s. I had some Bob Even’s double cheese pasta with Applewood smoked bacon I did in the microwave. It is about as good as I can do myself and a lot easier!


It tasted pretty good for a simple fast and easy meal! We both had some olives on the side and I just had mustard on the sandwich.

Sausage patties














An hour of smoke














Browning on the grill














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment