Sunday, November 27, 2016

Skillet Rolls & Spinach Artichoke Dip

Nov 25 2016

This recipe makes for a delicious bread and dip appetizer. I found the recipe on Seasons and suppers blog. I used Pioneer Women’s recipe for the spinach artichoke dip. For my rolls I used some frozen dinner rolls that are about the size of a golf ball.

I thawed them out and then coated a skillet with olive oil. I placed a bowl in the center sprayed with some olive oil. I added the rolls, 16, around the bowl. I covered with plastic wrap and placed in a heated 200 deg. oven that I turned off for 30 minutes until the rolls had doubled in size. In the mean time I had made my dip.

I had a little trouble getting the bowl out after the rolls had risen. Next time I would put some foil around the bowl to lift out, mine had a vacuum seal and had to use a knife to get it out. I spooned the dip in the center and baked for 20 minutes after brushing with butter on convection bake. For standard ovens it may take 30 to 35 minutes.  If they are brown and you tap on them and sound hollow they are done.

This makes a pretty presentation and for those that like to make their own rolls would be great. You could also use about any cheese dip with it. I served this for an appetizer at our family Thanksgiving dinner.

Click Here for link to recipe






No comments:

Post a Comment