Monday, November 7, 2016

Instant Pot Meatloaf Stuffed Onions W/Carrots & Potatoes

Nov 07 2016

I am re-seasoning my new skillet so it was cook in the Instant Pot tonight. I found this recipe on Cowgirl’s Country Life blog by Jeannie. It looked delicious so decided to try it. She did hers outdoors in a Dutch oven so for you outdoor cooks that do Dutch oven cooks it will work for a one pot meal.

Her meat loaf was from Lipton Onion Soup Mix, and you can find the recipe on their site or on the back of the package. I cut the recipe in half for just one pound of ground chuck. I used the beefy onion soup mix. I cut a large onion in half and was able to get enough rings separated to hold the pound of ground chuck.

I diced about a pound of baby Dutch potatoes and 3 large carrots cut into ½ inch dice. They went in the pot with enough water to cover. I placed the stuffed onions on top. I locked the lid on and did on Meat/Stew normal mode for 18 minutes. I let them set on warm hold for 5 minutes while I cut and puttered some cheese bread. I released the steam and checked the meat temp and was overdone a little and the veggies were tender. I think 15 minutes would have been plenty.


I served the wife and I and always like to mash my potatoes and carrots, add a little butter, salt and pepper. Tasted great, we both thought the meatloaf was extra good too.

Getting the onions stuffed














Carrots & Potatoes in the pot














Stuffed onions added














Done in 18 minutes














My supper














Now I am ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment