Monday, November 14, 2016

Instant Pot Potato Soup


Nov 14 2016

Every since last Friday it has been too busy, at least for this old man. Friday afternoon my grandson invited me as a Veteran for a program his school does for Veterans. He had his other Grandpa there too.
Saturday my local VFW post had their annual dinner for members and their wives.  Had a great meal of roast beef, gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and a small chicken breast. Sunday we had left over Greek ribs, fried potatoes with onions & green peppers and a salad.

Today I had an appointment with my eye Doctor for my macular degeneration.  After wards we ate at a favorite place in downtown Lima, Ohio on Main Street across from the courthouse, the Fat Cat Diner. It is a 50’s style diner that has been there since or before the 50’s. They have the best burgers and fries I have ever eaten, the wife agrees. My burger with cheese, mustard and onions must have started out a half pound patty and was done just right, crisp outside and a hint of pink inside and served on a toasted bun. The wife and I shared the fries. I am not a big lunch eater and could not eat the entire sandwich.

I know it’s a little rambling but we old retirees can do that! I had planned on some potato soup and a Kassler ham, made with a pork loin, sandwich for our supper. The potato soup was done in my Instant Pot and off the top of my head but potato soup is easy without a recipe. I was too full from my lunch to have any of the ham but my wife ate a slice with her soup. I had my bowl of soup with extra pepper, shredded cheese and bacon bits on top.  The wife just had bacon bits on hers.

The soup was great and the wife thought extra good so I wrote up the recipe to save for a keeper. To me it was about the best I have made but would experiment with incorporating bacon or ham in the recipe.

Click Here for printable recipe

Some ingredients














All in the pot














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment