Thursday, March 31, 2016

Smoked Swedish Meatballs over Spaetzel

Mar 30 2016

I made up the meatballs before mowing the grass. I got 19 meatballs from the 2 lbs. of ground meat. I smoked them on my Traeger for an hour at 190 deg. I browned them up with some brown butter and then in a Crockpot while I made the gravy and cooked the spaetzel noodles.

My gravy did not thicken up the way I wanted it. I just am no good at gravy from scratch and better off using the packets. I had some hard crust rolls I buttered and sprinkled on some Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle for garlic bread.

It was good but just not enough flavor there for me. I guess I am too used to meatballs with onions, garlic and seasoning and some good rub! I just now looked over the photos and realized I forgot to add the onions to mine. Duh, that might have made them better!


The recipe came from a young lady named Chungah who has a cooking blog damndelicious.net. If you are like me and enjoy changing the cooking method and adapt to my smoker or grill she has a lot of good looking recipes so check her out.

Click Here for link to recipe

Ingredients except tho onion!














The meatballs














After an hour of smoke














Browning them a little














Making the gravy















Spaetzel noodles














Toasted garlic rolls














My salad














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment