Monday, May 18, 2015

Greek BBRibs and Potato Salad

May 17 2015

It was a long hard day for me; I don’t like to mow on Sunday but had to between the rains or I would be makin hay! I get hungry for some different ribs sometimes and these Greek style BBRibs are my favorite.
The juice and zest from a lemon, garlic and oregano give them some great flavor. I got them made up and wrapped in plastic wrap and in the fridge for 4 ½ hours. I did add a light coat of Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle this time. It is a garlic and herb salt.

I steamed two pounds of little red potatoes and made up the potato salad from a recipe I adapted from Ina Garten. It is simple and tasty, mayo, sour cream, celery and onions. I added a healthy shake or three of the sandwich sprinkle to it for a change. I omitted the Dijon mustard since I forgot it! After I made up the potato salad I cleaned out my smoker and a new sheet of foil on the drip pan.

I started mowing about 12:15 and got all done but the back yard. I fired up the Traeger at 1:30 set on 200 deg. I moved my Maverick probe to the left side close to the RTD probe to see how they were comparing and they were always within 4 deg. I will give the settings on my Savannah Stoker v3 controller and know I was running 25 to 30 deg. hotter in the middle at grill level.

I got the ribs on at 2:00 for an hour at 200 deg. then went to 225 for the rest of the cook. After an hour and 40 minutes I checked and the ribs looked a little dry so sprayed a light coat of olive oil on. At 4:00 I wrapped the ribs in foil for an hour then removed for the last hour. That was a total of 4 hours. The Savannah Stoker V3 held good temps and got nice smoke.

After I got the ribs on I finished mowing the back yard. The kids stopped in and our son ran the trim mower around the house and fence. I was glad of that since I was going to let the trimming go.

At 6:00 the ribs were done so took them inside to rest a bit and made up some garlic bread under the broiler and heated up some white bean mash for myself. The ribs tasted good for a change without BBQ seasoning or sauce and they were done about right for me. A good Greek salad or potato salad would be a good side for these ribs too.

Click here for printable rib recipe
















My favorite zester















For the ribs















Seasoned and ready for the fridge















For the potato salad















All in to mix















Ready to chill















An hour and 40 minutes in















Wrapped at 2 hours.















After an hour in the foil















Done after 4 hours















My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment