Monday, May 4, 2015

Cajun Wings for Me

May 03 2015

My wife went with the son to see two of the grandson’s soccer games about 1 ½ hours from here. They went early to have lunch so that was too long of day for me. Me and the dog stayed home and played.

My wife doesn’t care for wings too much especially if they are too spicy and hot. I do so a good time for me to fix some Cajun wings. I seasoned them good with half each of Penzey’s Cajun and Galena Street rub. They were in the fridge 3 hours before cooking.

My sauce was:
¼ cup of hot sauce
¼ stick of butter
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1 Tablespoon raw honey
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Heat all with the butter to mix well. Mine was hot when I sauced the wings. This was just enough for 8 wings. I discarded the tips and had cut in half at the joint.

I did the wings ½ hour at 225 deg. ½ hour at 250 deg. sauced them and on anouther½ hour at 275- 300 deg.

I sliced the top from a sweet onion, cored the center, some chicken granules and butter in the center, seasoned with some Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle. It’s a garlic salt with some good herbs. It went on just after I got the wings on and I covered the wings with some bacon strips.

After I sauced the wings I left the bacon off and had just enough sauce left to pour on the bacon. I added a sliced yellow squash sprayed with olive oil and sandwich sprinkle. The squash wen on the backside of a grillen grate along with the onion and bacon.
  

I had 4 of the wings, the squash and ½ the onion. Tasted great; I could have stood more heat so if you like hot you might want to go 2 to 1 on the hot sauce butter ratio or add some cayenne.

Seasoned wings















The onion















For the wing sauce















Wings about an hour in















Ready to sauce















In the sauce















Ready to serve















Veggie plate with a little bacon















My wings

No comments:

Post a Comment