Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day 2015

May 10 2015

I think most countries have a day set aside to celebrate Mothers. Here in the U.S. it is the second Sunday in May. They give birth to us, nurture us with love and food, comfort us, teach us values of life and take care of us when we are sick or in need. It is appropriate that we have a day set aside to celebrate them.

We usually celebrate it by a dinner at home or going out to eat. We try to get over to see my 93 year old Mother who lives about 45 minutes from here. She still lives alone and manages pretty well. She still does her own wash and ironing but does not prepare meals any more. Between a brother, sister and me we provide her with food she can just warm up.

This year for Mother’s Day the wife and I will go different ways. Our grandson has two soccer games today an hour drive from here. My wife is going to meet them for lunch today between the games and then after some shopping go with them to watch his second game at 6:30 pm. Lunch with our son, daughter-in-law and grandson, some shopping at a mall and then see our grandson play soccer I am sure will make a nice Mother’s Day for her!

After she leaves the dog and me will head over to my Mother’s and take her some leftovers I have frozen and vacuum sealed. I am also taking her some good candy; she likes that better than flowers!


If I had one wish for Mothers today it would be that all Mothers be able to put their children to bed tonight, content with a full tummy after a good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment