Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Skillet Stuffed Burgers

Jan 12 2015

I got the cooking method for the burgers from Mary at Deep South Dish. She made some stuffed meatloaf burgers using a Cuisinart stuffer. I liked the looks of it so I bought one before Christmas. I made up three burgers stuffed with crumbled bacon and some shredded cheddar vacuum sealed and froze them. I was happy with the stuffer.

I had them thawed for tonight’s supper and I had some baked Idaho cottage rounds and a small green salad for sides. Mary’s method of cooking the burgers was to fry on med. high in a cast iron skillet with a little oil for 5 minutes then flip and do another 3 minutes.  Then turn down to med. low, add about a ¼ cup of water and cover. Let them steam about 10 minutes. I used my Lodge steel skillet and they came out great. This method is like most do on a griddle; add water and cover with a lid at the end.

This is a great way to do burgers when cooking indoors. They came out nice and juicy. The next time I need to add more cheese when stuffing. I will also remove the burgers and pour of the grease before steaming. There was plenty of grease from using 80-20 ground chuck.




















No comments:

Post a Comment