Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Years Eve Supper 2014

Dec 31 2014

I am not getting back to normal as fast as I thought after a back surgery Dec. 15th; but I did manage to cook us a good last meal for 2014. We had rib eye steaks from my butcher with WOW compound butter, baked potatoes, sautéed wild caught shrimp and a salad.

I had the baked potatoes in the oven getting done, I did the steaks 3 minutes per side in my Lodge steel skillet and then all went in the oven while I sautéed the shrimp. The steaks were seasoned with some Penzey’s 4S salt and some fresh ground pepper and topped with some Savor All (WOW) compound butter while they rested. The shrimp were sautéed in butter, onions, garlic and a little 4S salt.

 It all tasted great; I needed a steak fix! I had a small glass of African Amarula cream liqueur after eating. We settled in and watched some TV. I went to bed at 8:00. I got back up at 11:00 and went to watch TV and ring in the New Year with my wife. I fixed myself some scotch on the rocks. It was some Speyburn 10 year single malt our son bought me for Christmas. It was perfect for toasting the New Year!


We watched the festivities at Times Square NYC and saw the ball drop at mid-night. I gave the wife the New Year’s hug and kiss and shortly after it was off to bed.































My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment