Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sausage, potatoes, carrots, & cabbage

This is an easy meal to throw together & do in a Crockpot. I usually do beef with the potatoes, carrots, & cabbage, but my daughter-in-law said her Dad always did sausage. I decided to try it. I had 4 fresh sausage links from my butcher, some of the meat I bought upon my return from Las Vegas. I am now getting caught up on my meat diet!

I smoked the sausage on my Traeger for an hour & 20 minutes. I layered the bottom of my 6 quart Crockpot with 4 med potatoes, diced up & some carrots. I added the sausage on top, ½ bottle of Yuengling Lager beer. I would have added some onions but didn’t have any. I added some salt & pepper. I then cut up a whole med. head of cabbage into wedges; then filled with water to cover the cabbage half way. I always leave the core in to hold the wedges together, makes it easier to serve.

I did this on high for 4 hours & really needed about 2 more hours. The cabbage was not done so I put it in a bowl with some of the liquid and finished in the microwave so we could eat at our normal 6:00 pm time. It tasted pretty good & I liked the sausage for a change. I did this on Monday & the leftovers tonight were better.

Sausage on the Smoker


Potatoes, carrots, & sausage added to the pot


Cabbage, seasoning, & liquid added


My Plate


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment