Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Steak Fingers, Fried Green Tomatoes & Cheesy Cauliflower

Jun 22 2016

With the threat of rain and storms I cooked inside tonight. It worked better for the meal anyway.
I had some sirloin from my butcher, some Tennessee green tomatoes and a head of cauliflower.
One tomato was about too ripe but the other was just right. I like a mix of red and green in the tomato for frying. I think you get a little of the sweet and the sour.

The tomatoes I breaded early to set up in the fridge. I dipped them in flour, egg wash and crushed Townhouse crackers. The cauliflower I cleaned and broke into florets and in a greased casserole dish. I wanted Campbell’s cheddar cheese on them but didn’t have any. I had a can of their Fiesta Nacho Cheese and that would have to do. I poured over the cauliflower and mixed to coat. I added a couple handfuls of shredded cheddar. I covered and baked for an hour at 350 deg. After 35 minutes I added some buttered cracker crumbs and left the lid off.

I heated up two skillets on med. high. I cut the sirloin into strips, seasoned with Pappy’s Choice and dusted with a little flour. I sprayed the skillet with some olive oil and did the steak strips about 3 minutes per side.

For the tomatoes I added olive oil to cover the bottom of the skillet and 3 pats of butter. I fried them 3 to 4 minutes per side.


The steak fingers were very tender and seasoned right. Our first fried green tomatoes this summer was great. The cauliflower was good but what the wife and I liked was using some of the sauce added to a bite of tomato! I think my next fried green tomatoes will be served with some Nacho cheese sauce.



















My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment