Sunday, June 12, 2016

Mo Rockin Chicken, Spanish Rice & Fried Corn

Jun 11 2016

All I can say is it was hot today, about 94! It was windy all day but the air was hot too! The grandson and I were going to mow grass but the grass will wait for a cooler day.

I was glad I had an easy meal planned. I had a whole fryer that I spatchcocked and brined overnight. The brine was a half-gallon of water and 1/3 cup of kosher salt. After 12 hours in the brine I rinsed and dried it and in the fridge to air dry about 4 hours.

Time to cook I coated it with a light coat of Hellmann’s mayo and seasoned well with some Savor’s Mo Rockin Chicken seasoning. It went on my Traeger that was heated to 195 deg. for some smoke. After a half hour eased up to 325 deg. grill level. It took 2 hours total to get to a breast IT of 170 deg.

I had some Zatarain’s Spanish rice in the rice cooker to serve. I had a new Lodge 32 oz. heat treated server bowl to try out. I had seasoned it one time. I had a bag of Birds Eye baby yellow and white corn to fry in it. I heated about 3 tablespoons of butter on the stove top and added the corn. I heated it for a few minutes then it went on the smoker with the chicken for about an hour.


I served all with some crusty dinner rolls. The wife and I are well suited for chicken, she likes the breast and I like the legs and thighs. Chicken was tender and juicy and my leg was bite through skin! I like that since you get to enjoy the seasoning!

Chicken after brining and seasoning














Chicken and corn about done














Ready to serve














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment