Sunday, September 13, 2015

Meatloaf, Potatoes and Peas W/Gravy

Sep 12 2015

When I got the ground meat for the meatballs I got enough for a meatloaf too. As cold as it was today, 64, chili would have tasted good but I had some carrots, celery and potatoes that needed used.

At noon today I got a chicken spatchcocked and in a brine to do tomorrow and then made up the meatloaf. It went into the fridge until supper time.

At 5:00 the meatloaf went on my Traeger at 200 deg. I had figured it would be done at 6:30. I peeled, cut up some potatoes, and boiled them for 10 minutes. I coated them with butter and seasoning then on the smoker for the last hour.  Just before I added the potatoes I started easing the temp up but I was too slow getting it up to 300 deg. so it took another 15 minutes for the meatloaf.

When the meatloaf was about up to temp I went inside and made my gravy, a packet of Pioneer brand Country Gravy. I turned the oven on for the rolls and had a package of peas in the microwave to nuke.

When the meatloaf was done took it and the potatoes inside, popped the rolls in the oven and cooked the peas.

I served the wife and me but she didn’t have any gravy, doesn’t know what is good! The meatloaf was good enough I will write up the recipe.

Click here for printable recipe

Ingredients














Ready for the smoker














Meatloaf and potatoes done














Ready to slice and serve














Potatoes














Country Gravy














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment