Monday, June 10, 2013

Tip for Hard Boiled Eggs

This is a tip I wish I had known long ago. I like to pickle eggs in left over Claussen dill pickle juice. I have tried everything over the years, everyone’s perfect method of boiling and cooling. All the methods I tried it was about 50-50 whether they would peel nice or not.

A while back some on the Lets Talk BBQ forum told me to steam the eggs instead of boiling, for 18 minutes. I have an Aroma rice cooker and steamer so I tried it. I just cooled them down with cold water and all peeled perfectly. They peel well no matter how you cool them; I even let some set overnight in the fridge and the next day the peeled perfectly.

If you don’t have a steamer a colander that fits in a pan and you can cover would work. I used to use a little folding steamer basket that fit different sized pans that would work well and is fairly cheap to buy.

Below are some photos of some I just did to pickle, they are ready after 4 to 5 days in the fridge.

Eggs steamed


Pealed


In the juice

No comments:

Post a Comment