Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Shrimp Boil for Father's Day

What more could I ask for on Father’s Day but to be able to fix some good food and have the family enjoy it? My wife said she didn’t want me to have to cook but I said that’s what I like to do and that’s what I want. My favorite present was our 8 year old Grandson made me a greeting card on the computer and printed it out.

One of my favorite cooks is a shrimp boil. I had two pounds of raw shell on jumbo Texas gulf shrimp to use. I would add; potatoes, cabbage, carrots, an onion, garlic, a lemon, smoked sausage, seasoning and corn on the cob. I also made some take home and bake bread. I made some gorgonzola garlic chive butter for the bread and corn and melted some to dip the shrimp in. My seasonings were a Tbs. of salt, a Tbs. of Old Bay and a couple Tbs. of Zatarains crab boil.

They were saying rain so I set up my gas burner on the Smoking deck. I have a large pot with strainer that is perfect for a shrimp boil. I don’t usually add cabbage and carrots but I knew our veggie daughter in law would like them. I liked them too but will not use red cabbage the next time. It turned out blue and to me blue has to be the most un appetizing color there is for food! You would have thought all the years I have cooked I would have known that!

I told the wife we needed the checkered table cloth for this meal. This is almost a fool proof dinner; when it’s all done pull up the strainer, let drain, pour on a tray. Place it in the middle of the table for everyone to dig in!


Cooker ready to go

Ingredients

Shrimp

Veggies ready to cook

Served up

My Plate

No comments:

Post a Comment