Sunday, August 6, 2017

Sausage, Fresh Corn Cakes & Fried Green Tomatoes

Aug 05 2017

I broke out my Camp Chef griddle for this cook. I was not going to post this since my fresh corn cakes were almost a flop! I need more practice on pan cakes. I didn’t get many pics, I was busy trying to salvage the corn cakes!

I had some Tennessee Pride sausage for patties and some green tomatoes to fry. I used Panko bread crumbs and some corn meal to bread the tomatoes. I got the griddle hot and was doing the corn cakes first and keep warm under a dome while I did the sausage and tomatoes.


I had the griddle too hot and the cakes were done on the bottom before ready to flip. I did manage to save them. The sausage was done just right but the tomatoes were a little under cooked. Oh well 1 out of 3 ain’t bad! It was not my best cook but tasted good with some Ohio maple syrup on the corn cakes. I just need a little more practice on my griddle!

Click Here for corn cake recipe

On the griddle
















My Supper

No comments:

Post a Comment