Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Tacos and Hominy Casserole

May 10 2016

I wasn’t going to post tonight’s supper; I had some taco meat leftover to use and was having soft corn tacos. I needed some sour cream and shredded cheese so while at the grocery I picked up a can of yellow hominy to have as a side.

I have always just fried the hominy in butter with salt and pepper and liked to have a ham steak and fry the hominy in the skillet after frying the ham. I don’t know why I never thought of trying it in a different way; I guess I have been in a hominy rut all my life! I searched on hominy recipes and there were a lot of them for hominy casseroles. I looked at 4 or 5 and they were all similar. Most recipes called for two cans of hominy and I just happened to have a can of white in my cupboard.  

I got my casserole in the oven and then prepared the tacos. My casserole could have baked a little longer; it was not browning up but was nice and bubbly.

The taco meat didn’t have onions in it so I sautéed some onions in a little olive oil added the taco meat and some Heinz Chili Sauce to moisten. I toasted the corn tortillas on my CI griddle and made them up for the wife and me; some taco meat, shredded 4 blend Mexican cheese, lettuce and sour cream.

That was pretty good for leftovers and was glad I found a new way to have hominy and thought it was good enough to share!

Click Here for printable hominy casserole recipe

Heating the taco meat 














Toasting the tortillas














Hominy Casserole














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment