Monday, May 16, 2016

Italian Sausage Burgers, Grilled Romaine & Fries

My 15 2016

Tonight’s supper was moved inside due to cold weather! It didn’t frost but I am sure it will tonight; I have my tomato plants covered.

Yesterday I mixed a pound of fresh sausage with a tablespoon of Penzey’s Italian sausage seasoning to sit in the fridge overnight. At noon today I made up 3 patties and back in the fridge.

I had some Cape Treasures balsamic vinegar infused with Rooibos and Honey that my wife’s cousin had brought me from South Africa. I had no idea what Rooibos was so looked it up. It’s of the legume family and used a lot to make tea in South Africa. I used it to make a dressing for our grilled Romaine. I used ¼ cup of the vinegar, ¼ cup of olive oil, a clove of garlic diced small and a little salt. It turned out delicious.

I did the sausage burgers in my CI skillet; I added some crushed red pepper to my patty. I was doing some Alexia brand rosemary and sea salt frozen fries in a 400 deg. oven and had set my CI griddle in to heat up.

I kept track of the sausage temps with my Thermopen since they were thick.  When they were done I topped with a slice of provolone cheese; covered with a lid and set off the burner. I pulled the griddle out and set on the burner and grilled the Romine lettuce about 3 minutes. I toasted English muffins for our buns.


Our daughter in law and grandson was at her parents so our son came and ate with us. We both had Maille Dijon mustard and onion on our sandwich the wife had mustard and dill pickle on hers. We all thought the sausage burgers were good. The son did not want his Romaine grill and had other dressing. The wife and me loved the balsamic dressing .

Cooking the sausage














Provolone added














Romaine on the griddle

My salad


My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment