Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Salmon Cakes, Potatoes and Lime Corn

May 17 2016

Another cook I moved inside because of rain. Turned out I probably would have been ok but I am a little lazier in my old age. I like to get the cook over and the grill cooled down and covered when I am done.

Nothing great here but some may like the salmon cake recipe or something to work with. My wife gets the canned Atlantic salmon at Sam’s Club. I like to use two 7 oz. cans but only had one so did with it. One can was just enough for 2 cakes.  Two cans will give you 3 nice cakes. Following was my recipe.

1 7oz. can of good salmon
1 egg
2 Tbs. small dice sweet red pepper
2 Tbs. snipped fresh chives
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup Panko bread crumbs, or cracker crumbs
2 Tbs. chive butter for topping
Use 2 cans of salmon and double the recipe for 3 larger salmon cakes.

I made up the salmon cakes a couple hours before cooking, covered and in the fridge to help set up.
I melted 2 Tbs. of butter and added some snipped fresh chives for on top of the cakes.

My sides were some fried canned new potatoes and some Birds Eye frozen fiesta lime corn. I started by nuking the corn some and then into a saucepan with 2 Tbs. of butter and some garlic herb salt to heat up. I then heated my CS skillet with a little olive oil and butter to fry the potatoes.

After the potatoes had been on about 10 minutes I heated my CI skillet with some olive oil and butter to fry the salmon cakes. I fried the salmon cakes about 5 minutes per side and added the chive butter to melt some before serving.


A pretty tasty supper and the wife said the salmon cakes were good.

 Ingredients














Salmon flaked














Cakes made














Cakes with chive butter














The lime corn














Potatoes are ready














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment