Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

Dec 26 2013

Well Christmas 2013 is over. It’s always a great time but I am glad it’s over. It seemed like non-stop getting the food ready and then cleaning up! I had done all my outdoor smoking ahead. I had smoked some appetizers, almonds, pistachios and Cajun crackers. I smoked a 6 lb. Meijers chicken and shredded it for sandwiches. Meijers chickens are always moist and tender since they are already brined with 12% natural chicken broth.

We started off with Christmas Eve lunch, shrimp cocktail, (Texas Gulf wild caught), several dips, veggie egg rolls, Skyline chili cheese dip, snacks, candy and pumpkin bread. Our daughter was here, our son and grandson. Our daughter-in-law had to work and came at 4:00.

We ate at 6:00 I had the shredded chicken hot in the crockpot so all I had to do was make the sides, cheesy scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole and corn. I had regular, wheat and Kings Hawaiian buns for sandwiches. After we all got stuffed we opened the presents.

It was nice with all the family and I was happy to see everyone get their noses out of their Wi-Fi toys and play two games of scrabble! I don’t play since even the grandson would beat me! It seemed like the old Christmas’s before Wi-Fi!

Christmas Day the kids came for breakfast at 10:30; I baked some Cinabon buns, store bought, and scrambled eggs for all. Our daughter in law got a free honey cooked spiral cut 8 lb. ham from her work place. I heated it in the oven per directions and triple wrapped in foil, a towel and in a cooler for her family Christmas dinner in Toledo. They left at 12:30 for Toledo.


We got all cleaned up and I took a short nap! My wife’s sister and husband stopped in, at 2:00 on their way home from spending Christmas with her daughter’s family. They brought some of their leftover ham and with our leftovers we had late lunch. We had a good time visiting and exchanged gifts.  They left at 5:00; this ole man was overstuffed and tired! It was a great Christmas!

I didn't take many photos; I was too busy enjoying.

To all my viewers over the world may you have a Great New Year!

The Meijers Chicken














On my Traeger














Resting














Treats for the Cook














Ingredients for Skyline chili cheese dip












Christmas Eve lunch, before the table was full














My Christmas dinner, sandwich, potatoes, corn and green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment