Sunday, September 8, 2013

Traeger Panini Sandwich














Sept 07 2013

I thought about making Cuban pork for sandwiches earlier in the week but then thought I didn’t want a lot of leftovers. Monday my wife goes in for both knee replacements and will be in rehab for two weeks.
I am going to try to use up some leftovers from the freezer while she is gone.

I was still hungry for a Cuban sandwich and we had some leftover mac & cheese that would go good with it. I went to Krogers this am and got the stuff for some pressed sandwiches. I got focaccia bread, some sliced herb garlic chicken, black forest ham and some Swiss cheese. Not a true Cuban sandwich but close.

I had the perfect Panini press for use in my Traeger, grill grates and a 9 inch cast iron skillet. I made up some of Wing Commanders Dr. Burger sauce for mine and the wife just wanted regular mustard and a little mayo.

I cut the bread and some Dr. Burger sauce on mine, mustard and mayo on my wife’s, two slices of chicken, Swiss cheese, two slices of black forest ham and some dill pickle slices. The meat was doubled so like 4 slices of each.

I had the Traeger preheated to 300 deg. I spayed the bread with a little olive oil and on the grill grates topped with the skillet about 5 minutes per side.

Tasted great with the mac & cheese, I love the focaccia bread for sandwiches and the Dr. Burger sauce was delicious.


I am taking Mama out for a big brunch at Bob Evans tomorrow; she has to have a light supper and then nothing more before her operations.





































































No comments:

Post a Comment