Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Quick Good Chili

I was hungry for some chili and had some smoked tomatoes to use in it. I had some Jacobs Cattleman’s beans I wanted to try. I forgot to soak them overnight so after visiting my wife I stopped and bought some canned beans to use. I took her some of the chicken breast and rice I had for supper last night. I, and my wife, was pretty happy we think she gets to come home Friday. She had double knee replacement Sept. 9th.

Thursday morning I take her to get her staples out.  After lunch her therapist is coming down to see how she does getting in and out of the house with her walker. If she does OK she can come home Friday. After she gets home I will have to take her 2 or 3 times a week for more therapy for a while.

When I got home I got my chili on, put it on simmer and covered with parchment paper while I went to see my wife in the evening.  They had given her the OK to get up and walk by herself without a nurse there so she got up for a short walk while I was there.

After the visit I added the beans to my chili and turned up the heat some. I then sat out with a beer to celebrate and relax a little. I added the smoked paprika before serving.


I had some shredded cheddar, sour cream and some dried chives to garnish. I had some buttered saltines with it and a Yuengling black and tan. The chili hit the spot! I thought the chili recipe was worth saving so I wrote it up.

Printable Chili Recipe

Ingredients















Smoked Tomatoes














My Supper

No comments:

Post a Comment