Saturday, October 27, 2012

Salmon, Cheesy Grits and baby Carrots

Oct 26 2012

I thawed out some wild caught Alaskan salmon I needed to use. There were 4 individual wrapped pieces in a marinade. I would have it with some white cheddar cheese grits, sautéed baby carrots, and cornbread.

It was a cold 45 deg. rainy day after being about 75 yesterday. After lunch I mixed up a batch of Korean crackers to smoke tomorrow. I then made a batch of old fashioned white grits and stirred in some white cheddar and parmesan cheese. I could reheat it easily for supper.

I placed the salmon on a foil lined grill pan; I wanted it to cook in its own liquid to stay moist. I did it on smoke 175 deg. After 20 minutes I started to ease up the temp. to a final 325 deg. While the salmon was cooking I got my carrots sautéing in a skillet with a Tbs. of butter and a Tbs. of olive oil.

When the salmon was done I covered with foil while I reheated the grits. I put the carrots in a pan to hold and toasted the cornbread in the skillet 1 or 2 minutes on each side.

This was a pretty easy cook, we thought it was good. The salmon was just a tad overdone but I don’t want any fish that is rare and it wasn’t bad.

The Salmon


Carrots Sauteing


Salmon is done


My Plate


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment