Sunday, October 7, 2012

Italian Meatballs and Cheesy Pull Bread

Friday was a big cook day for me. I was up at 1:00 am and got an 8 ¼ lb. pork butt on to smoke. I decided to have Italian meatballs and spaghetti along with some cheesy pull bread for supper.

For the meatballs I used a lb. of ground sirloin and a lb. of Bob Evans Italian sausage. I chopped a ¼ of a red and ¼ green pepper, two slices of onion chopped, and a garlic clove minced. I mixed in an egg, a ¼ cup of ketchup and 1/3 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs. That’s pretty basic and you could add seasoning if you want.

After I made enough meatballs I had about a pound left so I formed it into a mini meatloaf I could take to my Mother. At 3:00pm I pulled the pork butt off and in the oven to rest before pulling. At 3:30 I put the meatballs and meatloaf on smoke for one hour, then went in and pulled the pork. The pork went in a covered bowl and in the fridge.

At 4:30 I went to 225 deg for a half hour and then pulled the meatballs. I went to 300 deg to finish the meatloaf to 160 deg. IT. The frogmat worked good for the meat, came off nice & clean.

I browned the meatballs in a little olive oil then added a jar of Clasico tomato & basil spaghetti sauce. While it was simmering I made the cheesy pull bread. It all tasted pretty good.


Meatball ingredients


Onions peppers and garlic


Meatballs after smoking


Mini meatloaf


Meatballs and sauce simmering


Bread ready to bake


Breads done


My Plate


Smokin Don


No comments:

Post a Comment