Thursday, February 5, 2015

Crockpot Asian Pork and Noodles

Feb 04 2015

We had Pad Thai last night and some more Asian flavor tonight for supper. I found this recipe at Food Network and it looked good. I wanted to do something in the Crockpot and this would be a change from the usual pork. I had to adapt it since I could not find some of the ingredients and I don’t care for ginger or anise so I omitted them.

I had a 3 pound boneless pork shoulder roast and got it in the pot at 8:00 AM for 8 hours on low. At 4:00 I took the roast out and let cool; then shredded, cut up and back in the pot. It was fall apart tender. I turned the Crockpot on high.

Since I was using pasta instead of rice noodles I figured they needed to be in the pot sooner and I par boiled them for 5 minutes. I got them in the pot about 5:15. I then cut up a half head of Napa cabbage and in the pot. I served it at 6:00 along with some crusty bread and butter.

The wife and I both liked it, she ate it as is, I had some dried chives and a few French fried onions on top of mine. After tasting I needed some heat in it so added 5 or 6 shakes of Cholula hot sauce. Next time I will add at least 1 tsp. of dried pepper flakes when cooking. I think my topping of choice would be some sliced green onions.

Click here for printable recipe

My Supper















For the broth, chicken stock not shown















Pork in the broth with garlic















After 8 hours on low















Pork shredded















Pork and noodles back in the pot















Napa cabbage added

No comments:

Post a Comment