Sunday, October 19, 2014

Peach Cream Cheese Cobbler

Oct 18 2014

The wife and daughter in law went to a craft show this afternoon so the grandson hung out with me. The wife was cooking tonight, pizza from Sandmans  Beer and Wine Depot carry out, so I baked a peach cream cheese cobbler for our dessert. I made up the recipe by combining a peach and cream cheese pie and a peach cobbler recipe.

Most of the desserts I make have my favorite fruit, peaches in them. I use Margaret Holmes’s O’sage peaches, they are the closest I have found that taste almost like home canned peaches.

I changed the cobbler this time; I added 8 oz. cream cheese, 4 Tbs. peach juice and 1/3 cup of sugar. I thought it came out better with the extra cream cheese.

We tried Sandman’s new style pizza on the menu; a Ranch, bacon and chicken. The wife and I both loved it!!! Delicious!!!

The daughter in law and grandson didn’t stay for supper but came back later for some peach cream cheese cobbler with Edy’s vanilla bean ice cream. A great dessert!
Cobbler ingredients















Cream cheese mix















Topping mix in bag















Peach mix in casserole dish















Cream Cheese mix added















Topping mix added















Cinnamon sugar added and in the oven















All done and cooling















Pizza from Sandmans















My dessert



No comments:

Post a Comment