Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ropa Vieja, black beans, & yellow rice

It was another nice spring day, in the 60’s. I mowed grass & sat out most of the day watching the two dogs play, and sipping on a cold one. The grandson got home from school & did his homework.

For our supper I heated up the Ropa Vieja I had fixed Sunday. For my sides I fixed some Zatarains yellow rice and some black beans. This was an easy meal to prepare. I cooked the rice per instructions. I sautéed a medium onion, diced; two cloves of garlic, chopped; and a half bell pepper diced in some olive oil. When all was getting soft I added two cans of Bush’s black beans I had drained & rinsed. I tossed in a good tsp oregano & a little ground cumin, & let them heat up while I heated a skillet to fry some flour tortillas.

It was a pretty good meal, not sure my son liked the Ropa Vieja that well, he doesn’t like olives or capers & they definitely come through in this recipe. The grandson liked it all; he’s not as picky as his Dad!

The rice & beans


My Plate


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment