Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Sisters Buttermilk Pie

I do make some desserts once in awhile. I saw somewhere a buttermilk pie and it sounded good to me. I searched for a good recipe and settled on one by Emeril from food network. I ended up baking it 10 minutes longer than the recipe called for. It did not want to set up. When it cooled it was pretty good, but I wasn't happy with it.

I gave my Mother a piece of it when we visited and took her some food. I save a lot of leftovers for her so she can just heat them up; she is 91 and doesn't like to cook anymore. She told me my sister, in Texas, bakes them all the time. I said tell her to send me the recipe. She had the recipe and gave it to me.

I fixed it the other day and it was good, set up nice too. I always liked sugar pies but I think a buttermilk pie has a better flavor.

You will note in the photo I do not get fancy with the crust edge, so I call this a rustic buttermilk pie.

Printable Pie Recipe


My Pie


No comments:

Post a Comment