Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Plain Old Cheeseburger

Sometimes I get hungry for just a plain ole cheeseburger on a plain ole white bun with a little mustard, no salad on top! I had some Ore Ida fast food fries to have with them.

I had 1 ½ pounds of ground chuck from my butcher to use. I made up five patties and got them in the fridge about 2:30. I made one as thin as I could in case the grandson wanted to eat before his Mom picked him up. He likes McDonalds but I can’t make them that thin! I did my best.

He got home from school at 3:00 and off to play with friends, said he would be home at 5:30. His Mom usually gets here at 6:00 to pick him up.

I have been doing my burgers low & slow at 300 deg. on my Traeger for a half hour. I decided to try 275 deg. for 45 minutes. I seasoned them with some Penzey’s old world seasoning and also added mustard on top while cooking; I got the idea from Wing Commander. The last five minutes I added the cheese & melted for 3 minutes then topped with buns for two minutes.

The grandson was home just before supper time. I passed the thinness test; he ate the whole thing. He takes the plain a step further than I do; he doesn’t even want mustard or ketchup on it.

I enjoyed my plain ole cheeseburger, no grill marks or char, just done medium and juicy. I had a dill spear on the side and Lawry’s seasoning salt on the fries.

Wing Commander suggested I flip them with the mustard. Next time I will flip them after 25 minutes.

On the smoker


Ready for the cheese


Cheese melted, ready for the buns


My Plate

No comments:

Post a Comment