Sunday, April 7, 2013

MP Teriyaki Chicken Stacks and White Yams

I hadn’t made any of my muffin pan chicken stacks in a while and I was hungry for some. My favorite so far is teriyaki chicken. It is simply using a six hole muffin pan, spray with a little olive oil, crisscross two slices of bacon in each hole, a layer of chicken, a slice of sweet onion, a slice of red pepper, a slice of pineapple, a slice of chicken and then fold over the bacon and secure with toothpicks.

Before I had marinated the chicken but this time I thought just assemble them and let them marinade in the muffin pan, saves a step. For these I used chicken breasts on the bottom and thighs on top, I sliced the breasts ½ inch thick and cut both to fit.

My sauce was La Choy’s teriyaki stir fry and marinade. I brushed some between each layer as I made them up. They were in the fridge about 4 hours before cooking. I had some white yams to have; I love those things, and some frozen broccoli and green beans. I had some of my cheesy pull bread left to throw on the smoker the last 15 minutes.

I did them at 225 deg. for 45 minutes; took them out of the muffin pan and direct on the grate; then went to 275 deg. I had put the white yams on too, cut in half, butter and a little brown sugar and wrapped in foil.

I added some honey, sesame oil and garlic flakes to teriyaki sauce to glaze at the end. After an hour I went to 300 deg. then finished at 325 deg. the last 20 minutes after putting the glaze on and put the cheese bread in. 90 minutes total cook time.

It tasted great; I think doing the marinade in the pan and adding sauce to each layer helps keep the stacks moister and tastier.

Note: Another idea I had was to use summer squash, zucchini, tomato and Italian dressing to make some Italian stacks.

Making the stacks


Ready for the fridge to marinate


A white Yam


After 45 minutes, ready to remove from the pan


About done


My Plate


Sliced

No comments:

Post a Comment