Friday, March 29, 2013

Kentucky Hot Brown

Mar 28 2013

I was pretty happy with the way my turkey pastrami came out. I sliced it at lunch time and had the two end pieces and another for my lunch. I think it would be best on rye bread with some good mustard like my German beer mustard and maybe a slice of onion.

For our supper I had planned to use it and make a Kentucky hot brown sandwich. The sandwich was first served at the Brown Hotel in Louisville, KY in 1926. It was turkey and bacon served on bread with Mornay sauce and baked. I see more variations now using cheese sauce and sometimes including lettuce and tomato. The first one we had was years ago at restaurant in Brown Co. IN and was delicious.

I baked some Texas garlic toast to serve it on; bacon I had fried earlier, used Rico’s aged cheddar cheese sauce for the topping and a slice of tomato. My sides were some canned whole new potatoes browned up and asparagus with a little olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.

The fixings


My Plate

No comments:

Post a Comment