Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pork Tenderloins and Squeezed Potatoes

Mar 09 2013

I haven’t cooked as much lately, I have been putting some oak baseboard back in a bathroom we just had a new floor installed. I still have some painting to do before they put new carpet in a week from Monday. I’ll be glad when we get it all done.

I was at Meijer’s the other day and they had pork tenderloins on sale for $1.79 a pound. I bought a package of two at 2.7 pounds. I had a recipe I wanted to try but it had a lot of prep work so decided to keep it simpler.

About 5 hours before cook time I rinsed and dried the tenderloins, wet down with red wine vinegar, added Penzey’s BBQ 3000 seasoning, Penzey’s garlic flakes, and cracked pepper. I covered with plastic wrap and in the fridge.

I had potatoes to use up so I did my squeezed potatoes. I boiled 5 med potatoes in the skin until fork tender, drained and cooled some. I then squeezed them out of their jackets into an oiled dish, just mashing course. I added some of Penzey’s garlic flakes, salt and pepper over the top. I then poured ¾ stick of melted butter over all. I had them ready to go on along with the tenderloins.

My wife wanted green beans too so I heated a can, with a couple splashes of white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. If I don’t use fresh, that’s one veggie I like better from the can than frozen. For me the frozen ones have no taste at all.

I preheated the Traeger to 250 deg. I figured on 275 deg. grill temp and about an hour and twenty minutes to get the tenderloins to 148 deg. IT. After a half hour it was running hot so I dropped back to 225 deg. It probably averaged 280 grill temp and the tenderloins were at 148 deg. IT after a total of an hour and ten minutes.

I tented the tenderloins with foil to rest and popped the potatoes under the broiler to brown a little. Tasted pretty good, the pork was tender and juicy. I guess that’s why they call them tenderloins!


Tenderloins



Seasoned and ready to marinate



Squeezed potatoes



Seasoning and butter added



On the smoker




Potatoes done




Sliced pork




My Plate


No comments:

Post a Comment