Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chipotle Steak Sauce

Mar 02 2012

Here is another recipe from the Texas Beef Council site. I thought it was worthy of sharing. After I got my Umami Gorgonzola Butter made up I made this sauce to use on my beef tri-tip roast.

They gave the cook time as 25 minutes; by the time I got it all made and reduced down it was closer to two hours total time. Chipotle peppers are probably my favorite to cook with, I like the smoky taste.
Instead of using a chipotle pepper I used some of Tobasco’s new chipotle pepper sauce and just used a little over a teaspoon. I also added a heaping teaspoon of smoked paprika that was not in the recipe.

When I got it all cooked down and pureed I thought it had a great taste and was a pretty color. It was the consistency of ketchup. I am looking forward to trying it on my beef tri-tip tonight for supper.

Ingredients




Onions sauteing



Carrots and bat leaf added



Garlic and tomatoes added



Wine added



Wine cooked down to a paste



All done and ready to puree



Finished sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment