Sunday, July 15, 2012

Beefy Meatloaf

I was hungry for some meatloaf and potatoes with gravy. For my supper Friday I did one up a beefy version instead of tomato based.

My recipe makes a pretty wet loaf but it comes out nice, not too dense. I did it on smoke mode 174 deg. for 45 min. then went to 225 deg. another ½ hour it was at 110 deg. so eased the temps up until 325 deg. After 2 hours total it was about done so went to 350 deg. until it was 160 deg. IT. This gave me a nice crust that I was after.

I baked an Ecce Pene take home ciabata bread to serve. I had my meat loaf done early so at supper time all I had to do was heat the gravy; fry up some Ore Ida hash browns and some carrots to serve with it and nuke each slice of meatloaf for 45 seconds. The carrots I boiled about 10 minutes; poured the water off and added butter and parsley and simmered awhile.

I served it with the bread & butter and gravy over the meatloaf and potatoes. It sure tasted good. We had some of my Peaches & cornbread dessert with vanilla bean ice cream after supper. That really was good; I thought it was better than any cake & peaches I have ever eaten.

Printable Meatloaf Recipe

Meatloaf at 100 deg. IT


Ready to serve


My Plate


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment