Monday, July 16, 2012

Garlic Sausage and Corn on the Cob

Another hot day here in Ohio, 94 deg. 40% humidity. I was watching the radar all week end, green & yellow all over the eastern half of the US but it all passed by Wapakoneta!

The kids were away for the week end so it was just me & the wife. I bought a half doz. ears of corn from my produce wagon & would fix the last 3 of my garlic sausage I had frozen for sandwiches.

Getting to know temps & times better to do corn I would do it all on my Traeger. The corn I had soaked in salt & sugar water about 5 hours. I did the corn for one hour at 275 deg. and the sausage & onions for 45 min. I seasoned the onions with a little salt & sumac berries. The sumac berries have a lemon or vinegar taste but less acidic.

The sausages were served on a whole wheat bun, a little mustard & onions on top. The corn with butter, salt & pepper and we had the marinated zucchini as a side. All really hit the spot & was an easy meal to do.

Onions w/salt and sumac berries


My Sausage


On the smoker


My Supper


Smokin Don

1 comment:

  1. Now that is my kind of meal! I love everything you made Don.

    ReplyDelete