Friday, July 27, 2012

Garden Produce, pasta with pesto and sausage

This is not any smoked foods but thought I would share this with you. Some produce from my small garden. In the first photo are tomatoes and Anaheim peppers. The next photo is basil and chives I used to make a pesto sauce.

I looked at a lot of pesto recipes but ended up making my own version. I used the basil & chives, roasted pumpkin seeds, (papitas), garlic and ELOO, extra light olive oil.

I made up the pesto sauce early. My veggie daughter-in-law would be happy with just the pasta with pesto and I fried up some bulk Italian sausage, green peppers and onions for the rest of us.

I baked some Ecce Pene take home & bake bread. I then prepared the sausage, peppers & onions boiled the pasta and added the parmesan.

This is an easy meal & will please different peoples tastes served to their likes. My wife had the pasta with the sausage, peppers & onions over top, no pesto. My son & I had pasta with pesto and the sausage on the side. My grandson had the pasta, no pesto and sausage on the side. My veggie daughter-in-law had pasta with pesto and sliced tomatoes on the side. Everyone was Happy!

Sorry I didn’t take any photos to share, it did make up some pretty plates and the pesto was a nice green color. Those who had my pesto thought it was extra good!

Printable pesto, pasta, and sausage recipe

Basil and chives


Tomatoes and anaheim peppers


Update: My grandson did take a photo of his Mothers pasta and pesto with his Dad's phone so here it is. Not too great a photo, but will give you an idea.


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment