Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow Nov. 24th is Thanksgiving Day. It is a day we celebrate, with family, giving thanks, here in the U.S. The traditional meal usually is, a roasted turkey & dressing, mashed potatoes & gravy or some prefer candied sweet potatoes. Some cranberries prepared in some way, and a green bean casserole is almost a must have. For desserts pumpkin & pecan pies are a favorite.

This year will be special for us, the first time in awhile all our children & our grandson will be here, at the same time. My oldest daughter & husband from Indiana, Our daughter from Illinois and our son, wife & their son from Las Vegas, Nevada. We will also be having our Christmas.

I decided to be a little untraditional this year. I smoked a 14 lb beef brisket over a week ago & decided if it turned out good I would vacuum pack & freeze. It turned out great so I will just have to heat in a Crockpot with some beef broth and have sandwiches from it. I will have cheesy scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, & fresh corn pudding. The corn was cut from the cob, vacuum packed & frozen from this summer’s corn.

My appetizers will be a veggie platter with dip, smoked pistachios, mixed nuts, pomegranate salsa, smoked Cajun crackers and some hot cheese dip with corn chips. The dip I made from a can of Rico’s white Queso Blanco cheese, a can of Skyline Cincinnati Style Chili, 2 heaping tablespoons of Kraft Philly cooking cream, Santa Fe flavor, and about a cup of shredded Mexican cheese blend.

Our desserts will be a pumpkin roll; my wife bought from her little sister. She was selling them for her school class. I am making a cream cheese peach cobbler & will serve it with some cool whip.

I will post some photos later. Happy Thanksgiving!

Our Thanksgiving meal is all over, all turned out good. Well all except I missed photos of my plate somehow. I thought I took 2 photos but they didn't get recorded on the card. Here are a few of the photos I did get.

Pomegranate Salsa


Dessert, Cream Cheese Peach Cobbler


Fixins, canned, vacumm packed, & fresh


Veggie Platter


Sides, CW from left, cheesey potatoes, green bean casserole, corn pudding, and sweet potatoes


Beef Brisket in Broth


I served buffet style & here is our table, set by my wife.


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment