Friday, November 18, 2011

Smoked Sausage, Cabbage, & Potato Soup

Yesterday was a perfect day for soup, a cold 36 deg & 10 to 20 mph winds all day. It was a bone chilling cold for me! I am glad I have 3 sides of my smokin deck covered now. I still could not get warm with my heat lamp overhead & the smoker running.

I decided to make some smoked sausage, cabbage, & potato soup. I had a finish bake at home Focaccia bread to have with the soup. I am getting to love that finish at home baked bread. I had a pound of good fresh sausage from my butcher. I smoked it at 175 deg for one hour, then 225 deg for another hour, then 300 deg for 15 min.

I was glad to get back in the warmth of my kitchen to finish up the soup. When the soup was done I popped the bread in a 375 deg oven for 10 min. The wife & I enjoyed the soup and warm bread & butter. It hit the spot & warmed me up.

Printable Soup Recipe

Sausage


Some of the Fixins


Sausage Smoked


Sausage sliced


Sausage & Veggies in the Pot


Soup Simmering


The Bread


My Supper


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment