Monday, June 6, 2011

Peaches & Cream Cheese Pie

I was telling my 89 yr. old Mother about my cooking blog. She said put that peach pie recipe on there. So this is dedicated to her. She will never see it since, she has no computer, & only knows the on/off button & channel up/down button on her TV remote control! She does not go out of Ohio City anymore, and very seldom leaves her home except for short walks & special occasions for her grandchildren in Ohio City. Mother was a great cook & she could whip up a delicious meal in an hour & a half. She was also a good baker of pies & everyone loved her sour cream cookies. She does not cook that much anymore, between my brother, sister, & I, we keep her supplied with meals she can just heat up in the microwave or her toaster oven. I am not a very good baker but found this Peaches & Cream Cheese pie, that looked good & easy enough for me to try. The first one I made I took a piece to Mom & she wanted the recipe. She has made it a few times. Until I learn how to post a printable recipe page you can copy the following.

Peaches & Cream Cheese Pie

Printable Recipe

3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 box vanilla pudding (not instant)
2 tbsp. butter
1 egg

Combine above ingredients and beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour into a 9 or 10 inch pie pan.
Instead of using a mixer I just blend well with a fork. Then use hands to mix well until it looks like a pie dough consistency. Place in pie pan & Use fingers to spread evenly in the pan. A 9 inch is probably better to work the dough up the sides some. With a 10 inch I find the crust gets too thin to work it up the sides but comes out great.

Drain 15-20 oz. can of peaches. Arrange over mixture in pie pan.

TOPPING:

Combine: 8 oz. cream cheese, 1/2 c. sugar 3 tbsp. peach juice Spread over peaches in pie pan.

Combine: 1 tbsp. sugar & cinnamon (optional)
Sprinkle over cream cheese mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.


Some of the ingredients


Dough ball


Dough spread out


Peaches added


Topping added & ready to bake


Finished pie




Finished pie

No comments:

Post a Comment