Friday, May 31, 2013

Smokestack Wings

May 30th, traditional Memorial Day and our son’s birthday; he is 41. I was hungry for some wings and Smokestack wings are his; and my favorite so I fixed them for his birthday meal.

I found the recipe at Saveur.com. Smokestack was a restaurant in Kansas City founded by the Fiorella family in 1957. I think it is now called Jack Stack’s BBQ.

For my sides I chose Suzie’s spinach salad and Zatarain’s yellow rice, two sides that everyone likes. I got the wings seasoned up and in the fridge for a few hours. I did 10 wings with the Smokestack seasoning and 6 with just some Lawry’s seasoning salt for the wife and grandson. Our daughter in law would just have the salad and rice.

I steamed some eggs to have with the salad and had some crumbled bacon to add. I made up the salad early, it is best if it sets a few hours before serving.

I got the wings on the smoker at 4:15, 225 deg. for one hour. I tossed 10 of the wings in the hot sauce and brushed some melted butter on the other 6 wings. I then went to 325 deg. for another half hour.

I had the rice cooked in the rice cooker and served all up at 5:45. We all enjoyed the meal. After supper our son opened his gift. He already had his regular gift but my wife had kind of a joke gift for him. It was a Moose in a tub statue; looked like the cartoon caricature Bullwinkle.

Our grandson had a baseball game at 7:15 so they all went to his game and had some Dairy Cream after the game. Ole grandpa was too tired to make the game; his team won their 4th straight game!

Printable Wing Recipe

Ingredients


Seasoned


After one hour at 225 deg.


Spinach salad


Wings are done


My Plate


No comments:

Post a Comment