Friday, May 17, 2013

Brats and Kraut W/Mac and Cheese

Today was a warm 88 deg. and windy. I trimmed grass this afternoon so I wanted something fast and easy for our supper. I went this morning to my butcher, Kah Meats and got some brats. I had a little of my homemade kraut left that would go well on a brat. I had some shredded cheese, several opened packages, to use so I would make some use up your cheese mac and cheese.

When the grandson got home from school he said he would eat with us. I had a couple of hamburgers thawed so I made him a cheese burger. At 3:30 I cooked some elbow macaroni, mixed in some sharp cheddar, mild cheddar, mozzarella, and provolone cheese. I put it in a casserole dish, added some half and half cream then topped with some shaved parmesan.

I preheated the Traeger to 250 deg. and got the brats and mac and cheese on at 4:30. I put the burgers on 15 minutes later. At 5:00 I went to 275 deg. I checked at 5:30 and the meats were done so topped the burgers with some cheese to melt. I took all inside to serve after the cheese was melted.

I served the grandson a cheese burger and some mac & cheese. For my wife and I it was a brat, cut in half, a slice of crispy bacon in the middle, topped with mustard and homemade kraut on a mini sub bun and some mac & cheese. Sandwiches were great; I either cooked the mac & cheese too long or not enough half & half. It was a little dry and crispy on top. I kind of like it that way so for me it was all good!

When my daughter in law got there she had some mac & cheese and liked it too. I sent some leftovers with her for our son to have.

Ready to smoke


The brats


All done


My Plate

No comments:

Post a Comment