Thursday, January 10, 2013

Homemade Sausage Making

My newest favorite site is Homemade Sausage Making; (Wedliny Domowe), which is Polish for Homemade Sausage Making. If you are into making sausage or curing meats this is the forum for you. They have an international following and they cover all forms of making sausage. Whatever type of sausage you want to make is covered; fresh, cured, smoked, semi-dry, dry and fermented. Members are very knowledgeable and more than willing to answer any questions you may have.

I have two books on sausage making, Rytek Kutas’s , Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing, and Charcuterie by Michael Ruhman and Brian Polcyn. I have been to a lot of forums and Homemade Sausage Making to me is the best I have found. I became a member about a month ago and find it a friendly site.

I am spoiled by my Local butcher, Kah Meats, a family owned butcher shop that carries all top quality meats. Most all their meats are from local raised beef and hogs. They do custom butchering and do deer during hunting season. They make 12 different styles of fresh brats and fresh sausage all with top quality meats and no preservatives. I cannot make them any better. Their smoked sausage and hams, boneless or bone in are the best. Only a two minute drive from me so they are very handy. I would like to make some Polish Kielbasa and will seek some help from Homemade Sausage Making.

Another great site to check out is under My Favorite Blogs, Saucisson MAC. Andrew makes up some great looking sausages.

Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment